Friday, February 20, 2015

Winter Wardrobe


It's February and there is the tiny hint of change in the air. The nights are getting cooler and a few of the leaves have started to dry out and slowly change colour. I cant wait for winter. Crazy? Maybe, but it's my favourite season. I love everything about winter.
The "first drop" of winter fashion has started to arrive in stores. This is my signal to start sorting.  What I have, what I need and what I want. Over the years I've developed my own style. The outfit's I wear time and time again. The things that work for me and suit my lifestyle. It's one of the many things I enjoy about getting older. No longer do I feel the need to spend a small fortune on this season must have. I might pick one or two things replace something that is worn out or add a splash of this seasons colour, but overall I stick with what I know suits me and suits my lifestyle. I like the ease of winter layering. Starting with a simple silhouette of core pieces then adding scarves, jackets, hats, gloves, and boots. So what are my core pieces for winter?
Weekend/casual wear will always be jeans or tights, a fine wool jumper and a jacket. Depending on what I'm doing I'll wear boots or flats. I then pull the look together with a scarf.  I've also fallen hard for the poncho over the last few seasons. It's a more relaxed and fun look than the jacket and it a great way to breath new life into the core basics. 

 


Looking at what women have been wearing in the northern hemisphere over winter I'm predicting cobalt blue as this season colour. 



I also noticed a lot of lace up shoes. I'm approaching this trend with caution. It could be tricky. Much like over the knee boot where it's a fine line between chic and cheap, this flat lace  up could have you looking totally on trend or like you are wearing school shoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment