Friday, June 27, 2014

The things we do....

One of the first things you learn when you own a farm is that everything is large scale. Even small farms require large scale everything. I don't know why this still surprises me but it does. 
So when Trent mentioned that winter was a good time to "improve" the paddocks and he was going to get some fertiliser delivered I didn't bat an eyelid. Sure whatever I said......after all these years I should pay more attention.

Really?
An entire truck load of chook poo?
Delivered on the same weekend we had friends visiting from Sydney! 
Really Trent?
Oh shit. Literally. 




The cow's weren't bothered but the truck in the paddock or the unloading of the poo, but they soon headed for the hills. Let me tell you when the cows are offended by the smell...it's bad.

Is Trent waving to me or is he signalling to me that he's about to pass from the smell?

I shouldn't have worried about our friends. Natural order was reached when the boys went and played with the Tonka trucks and the ladies opened a bottle wine. Inside with the windows closed.







No comments:

Post a Comment